SU-155 Company Group

History

The SU-155 Group is one of the largest Russian industrial and construction holding companies which has being functioning  for over 60 years, contributing to the national prosperity. 

1954-1959 

История "СУ-155": 1954-1959 гг.

Stroymontazhtrest No. 3 ( future SU-155) was founded in 1954 within Mosfundamentstroy No. 1 (MFS-1) construction trust. As Soviet construction industry commenced a turn towards affordable housing built with standard projects and rapid-flow construction methods, Stroymontazhtrest No. 3  successfully implemented large panel construction techonology. The latter was employed to raise the Novye Cheryomushki residential compound and eight-store homes in the Sokol area of the Khoroshyovo-Mnyovniki district in Moscow.

1960-1969 

История "СУ-155": 1960-1969 гг.

Further, MFS-1 and Stroymontazhtrest No.3 specialists implemented the whole new linear rapid-flow method in zero cycle operations, which brought MFS-1 the status of general zero cycle contractor for southwest Moscow.

During the sixties, mass production of monolithic apartment houses started in Moscow during this period, and the builders at MFS-1 adopted the new technology and applied it in Volkhonka-ZIL compound. At about the same time, MFS-1 also commenced construction of 9-, 12-, 16-store and taller residential buildings in Cheryomushki. Stroymontazhtrest No. 3 undertook operations in Novye Kuzminki, Kuntsevo, Zyuzino and many other districts of the city. At the same time, they contributed to the restoration of the Gorki Leninskiye memorial nature park.

1970-1979 

История "СУ-155": 1970-1979 гг.

Stroymontazhtrest No. 3 changes name to SU-155 – “Stroitelnoe Upravlenie (Construction Division) No. 155” – and acquires a national award for the construction of experimental housing in Troparyovo. Later, SU-155 participates in the renovation of the Historical Museum on Red Square, creates new residential compounds in Tyoply Stan and Troparyovo, Orekhovo-Borisovo, Bibirevo and Severnoe Chertanovo and in the city of Vidnoye. Acknowledging the company’s contribution to the development of Moscow, soviet government grants SU-155 the Red Banner of Labour, one of the most honorable industrial awards in USSR.

1980-1989 

История "СУ-155": 1980-1989 гг.

SU-155 enters eighties as a participant of a major construction project in the southeast of Moscow, in Maryino district. In addition to several houses of a major residential area, the company builds there four service complexes (prototypes of modern malls). SU-155 houses also grow in the Orekhovo-Borisovo, Otradny, Solntsevo and Chertanovo districts.

Between 1987 and 1990 the SU-155 is the leading contractor in the construction of the future  Moscow district Solntsevo, and in 1989 the company also participated in the construction of a unique project in Orekhovo-Borisovo: a fully outfitted type A bomb shelter on Yasenevaya Street.

At the same time, SU-155 staffs another major residential project in Strogino, where over 20 residential compounds are built simultaneously. And, since residential housing growth outsped that of the public infrastructure, SU-155 workers took on the challenge of accelerating the construction of objects of social importance.

1990-1999 

История "СУ-155": 1990-1999 гг.

In the very beginning of the 1990’s, Mikhail D. Balakin was named the head of Stroitelnoye Upravleniye (Construction Management) No. 155. By his decision, later in 1993 SU-155 had been chartered as a closed joint stock company, commencing its modern history: soon after, SU-155 Group creates first subsidiaries, enters first investment contrats, and brings into operation its first concrete plants and even a bank.

From that point, SU-155’s grows rapidly and expands its assets: by the end of the 1990’s, the Group has created a reinforced concrete plant, an assembly plant and a manufacturing complex. SU-155 creates the first Russian private property management company called Cheryomushki-1 and acquires Domodedovo Reinforced Concrete Structure Plant (DZZhBI).

In 1999 corporate management decides to develop SU-155 as a vertically integrated holding company. The same year, SU-155 designers develop the renowned I-155 series project, a design solution for large panel housing with free-plan apartment layout.

2000-2009 

История "СУ-155": 2000-2009 гг.

In 2000-s SU-155 Group proceeds to expand its manufacturing branch. It establishes a transportation company, and the SU-155 and Company trust partnership. In Moscow the Group joins complex of old panel building renewal and runs a number of landmark restoration and construction projects.

In 2002 SU-155 starts its nationwide expansion by building a residential house in Tambov, soon after followed by extensive construction in Saint Petersburg and Kaliningrad. On March 30, 2004, SU-155 issues its first bonds for 1.5 billion rubles through its fully owned subsidiary, SU-155 Capital LLC. Next bond issues took place in 2004 and in 2006, reaching 2.5 and 3 billion rubles respectively.

In these years SU-155 group developed collaboration with various ministries and agencies of the Russian Federation: numerous residential objects were built for for the military, the police and civil servicepeople, as well as for relocation of damaged and condemned housing residents. On August 8, 2009, the company builds its ten millionth square meter of housing. Overall results of the Group for the year 2009 have set up the post-Soviet industry record: 1.5 million square meters of housing had been built.

2010-2015 

История "СУ-155": 2010-2013 гг.

In 2010 SU-155 engineers completed designing the whole new series of large panel apartment houses – the 90.1-17. Later In 2011 they implemented another new technology allowing construction of 17-store block buildings.

During 2010’s SU-155 completes a vast number of social and state contract projects, constructing structures for the 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi and new homes for forest fire victims.

In December 2011, the SU-155 Group holds its fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh bond issues for one billion rubles each with three year terms, through their subsidiary SU-155 Capital LLC.

In 2012, the SU-155 Group builds a total of 1.43 million square meters, including flats for 10,000 families of military servicepeople. That year the share of federal municipal and agency work orders in the in the SU-155 portfolio reached to about 70%.

Since 2010’s SU-155’s manufacturing facilities undergo an extensive modernization, and the production branch has been already reinforced by new units, such as new Serpukhov Elevator Manufacturing Plant.